Friday, March 5, 2010

Traffic cones...not just for cars..




Today our homes away from home were installed, roughly 4x5.5 feet, they're very cozy. The fork lift came, with Randy at the wheel (stick?) and in no time...2 hours..they were up and ready to go. My job in the process was to direct Randy which box to take next, a great position that involved standing around doing nothing (I'm somewhat lazy at times, and plus, my arms still hurt from the day before)..it was a niiice job until the wind started about .25 seconds into it, and then I was sad.
After the installation of our boxes, we set to work on the cones. Traffic cones. They don't seem so bad when you see them on the road, but as soon as you have to lift more than one...don't get me started. Seeing that I had whined to everyone about them, I was promptly put on windows, which made my feel only slightly guilty as I watched everyone else haul carts with 30 to 50 cones each. Maybe not even slightly...
After a somewhat interesting experience with part of a window that involved me chasing a bag around the barn, we started on burrow markers, which we can't leave up year round, as the elk seem to think they are rubbery yellow flowers (they're cow ear tags) that are fun to chew/eat. We made it through one area, and when we were done, we'd all had enough with hidden burrows and the amount of snow on top of them, which doesn't sound so bad, but starts to become that when you've stepped in 14 in the past fifteen minutes, 10 of which made you fall in up to your thigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment