Saturday, March 6, 2010

Here We Go..

Today was the first day that we came in and sat in the towers; I'm starting this year off in a new tower on the ridge, the ridge where a lot of the action and drama was last year, thanks to its proximity to the pond, and also to a certain badger that made frequent visits..
My day started out with spotting a large group of elk, noticing interesting cloud formations, and watching millions of horned lark displace and peck at each other...which could be a project in itself. As I was marveling at how nasty little larks can be, Amy saw two pd's at her tower, Bowser two...my count on the day was zero, a number comparable to this time last year...although I know they're coming...at some point. More importantly, my number for gs was also zero, although I'm not so concerned about them showing up yet..it's still early.
After a short shift of 4 hours in the tower, we hopped down and continued with the burrow markers, which of course included falling in burrows at regular intervals. My best was kneeling to grab a tag, and sinking to my waist in a hidden one...

No comments:

Post a Comment