Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Gotcha!

Today was Wilbur's day off, so I was carefully monitoring the hill to make sure I didn't miss anything. As I watched, 30 emerged from XP, his favorite burrow of last year, but not the one he came out of a few days ago...the brat. I relocated his traps, even added a few, and stalked back to my tower. I was then treated to the sight of a possibly new dog, although probably not, at OK, it was most likely the dog from the other day poking up at a new location. He also won the prize of additional traps. I then sat in my tower for a few more minutes before yet another head emerged, most likely 35, although not entirely sure, out of O7, which meant more traps. I was happy to finely see dogs, but wished they'd coordinate their appearances just a little bit. I then watched the drama unfolding up the hill...
The unknown (think 2) dog at W2 was playing chicken with the traps, sticking his head and body in and out, in and out. You could almost hear him thinking: "Should I? Shouldn't I?" Fortunately for me, he decided he should, and besides that, if it was 2, he was a bit of a pig last year, and the oats were probably looking more palatable than the dried grass around the traps. He was trapped in a matter of minutes of indecision, and I watched him flail around the trap, perhaps thinking: "Noooooooo!". Amy also had success with her dog, who turned out to be Michael Jordan (number 23).
After MJ was marked, I carried piggy to the van, and along the way he did something I've never heard a pd do. He farted copiously and audibly the entire walk...I guess he was nervous, but I told him he was gross....and it did indeed turn out to be 2...the deuce is back!

No comments:

Post a Comment