Thursday, March 11, 2010

Seven Days and Counting...

Today was day seven for being in the field, the time has been flying! We started the day off with breakfast at Moose Creek, always a good choice, and then went out into the cold and snowy weather. Walden has been surprisingly nice to us so far as weather goes, and I'm hoping it stays that way, at least for awhile.
Around 11:35, it was actually getting nice, but I had nothing really to watch except maybe the elk, which are usually good for about five minutes. Over at her tower, Amy watched MJ emerge at 11:33, and then fail to do anything more exciting than eat..which I get. After five months, a guy's gotta have priorities! Bowser had a somewhat more exciting day, having caught 20 by the car...after the thrilling day, I ran home, and we hit the store, where I found that Ben and Jerry's makes a creme brulee ice cream...ooh yes...
We spent a few hours at the bar, where I got to meet K. Delynne. She was very nice, if not somewhat eccentric, but I liked her immediately. She wore jeans with pink leg warmers over them, and a windbreaker over a sweater. Her hair was past the middle of her back, light grey, and in a braid. She wasn't wearing a cowboy hat (the main accessory here), but I was confident she owned at least one or two. She, Amy and I talked for awhile, and it was decided that she was going to have a party the next night at her house. Imagine that..my first Walden house party...

No comments:

Post a Comment