Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"I saw the lights on...."

It's big news whenever anyone new comes to town; if they stay, they have an appreciable affect on the town's population, so of course everyone wants to see who the new neighbors are, and if they're going to be good ones. Or in our case, spy on us. I went to the post office today to change my address (got to keep it update for residency) and pick up a package, and the post mistress not only knew who I was (not so surprising) but knew when we got in last night because "Ohhhh...I saw lights go on in the trailer..." (just plain creepy). After giving what I hoped was an acceptable response, I made my escape...I mean, she doesn't even live near us...at least I don't think..
After the titillating post office conversation, I made my next stop, which was infinitely more exciting, as it means my research is officially underway: my stop at the refuge headquarters to sign my permit. Shortly thereafter, John, Judy, Amy and I all went to Laramie (yes it's in another state) to pick up some groceries, that, surprisingly enough, we hadn't been able to fit in the car yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment