Sunday, April 12, 2009

Yucky Weather

I've been gypped.... I thought April was supposed to be a month for showers, as in rain...not snow, hail, and other nastiness. Unfortunately, Walden, Colorado doesn't seem to follow normal weather patterns. Today's weather was absolutely filthy; we were only out for half a day, and even that was almost too much. Most of my dogs had the good sense to stay in out of the weather, with the exception of a couple of the boys. 14, who's a yearling, and thus doesn't know any better, was out in the stinging precipitation, closely *ahem* monitored by 2. By this I mean 2 was chasing him all over the field. The funniest point, however, came when 2 decided he'd had enough of nature, and went down a burrow. 14 couldn't seem to believe his good luck, but he seemed to have to make sure that the deuce was truly gone. I watched him tip toe up to the edge of the burrow, and from the farthest point possible away from the entrance, but close enough that he could still see, he very carefully leaned over to look for his tormentor. Not seeing him, he apparently decided he might as well go in out of the rain.
I myself failed to have common sense, and for some reason thought that it would be a good idea to run home later that day. Let me just say that running into hail for 6.5 miles is neither fun nor a good idea at any point of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment