Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wile E. Coyote

Lasagna is what got me through the day. It wasn't in my hands or even my mouth yet, but I knew it was coming. John's wife Judy is an amazing cook, as I found out yesterday when she made sourdough bread from scratch. It was good that I had something to focus my attention on today, as it was an otherwise slow day. I was waiting in anticipation (desperation?) for the dogs to do something other than eat. The exciting part of their day was sniffing each other, with a kiss thrown in for mental stimulation.
As the day was creaking to a close, I happened to look at the lake in front of my tower, and then did a double take. A coyote (this one reminded me of Wile E. Coyote in the intelligence department) was walking across the frozen lake. I use 'frozen' in the loosest sense of the word, as the edges are currently thawed to water, and the rest was just barely passable as solid; less than a week ago it was open water. I watched in fascinated concern as the coyote nonchalantly crossed the widest, and presumably the deepest, part of the lake unscathed...and then packed up to go back to the trailer. Lasagna!!

No comments:

Post a Comment