Wednesday, March 11, 2009

slow day

Sadly, today was not the day for prairie dogs. I was sad about that, as I was in my favorite tower, which has the perfect viewing area for crazy number 30. Without his antics to amuse me, the day stretched out for a long time. While gazing over my empty colony, I did however, see several other animals than what I was looking/hoping for. I counted 6 horned larks, 4 crows, 7 canada geese, and 2 coyotes. The coyotes were the most interesting. They looked like a mated pair, and they were perusing a gigantic herd of elk (perhaps 250 or so) like they thought they'd be able to pull one down. Lucky for them, or perhaps I should say they made the correct choice, they did not attempt to do anything stupid...i.e. something that would most likely cause the wrath of all 250 elk.
Also saw a golden eagle...don't want to leave him out. Hope tomorrows more interesting as far as the dogs go:)

No comments:

Post a Comment