Thursday, March 12, 2009

badger days..

Back to my plugged burrows...Just as I was getting excited, thinking I was going to catch my first dog, a huge badger ran from underneath my tower, and shot toward my colony. I almost fell off my chair. He stopped at my surround, thoroughly checked it out, and then started digging in one of the burrows. After a quick consultation with John over the walkie, it was decided that I get down and 'scare' the badger. With some trepidation I did so, only to have it back into the nearest hole, and stare at me, hissing. I decided to call it a truce, and started to dismantle my surround, so in case a dog needed to do any escape maneuvers, it could. I removed the traps, and pulled the cones, all while keeping a very close eye on the badger. He eyed me the entire time, and I kept one of the cones close at hand, in case he wanted to do more than just stare...

No comments:

Post a Comment