Tuesday, March 10, 2009

on the road again


So, as I mentioned earlier, we had today off due to weather issues, so we decided we'd go to Laramie (Wyoming) to pick up a bike. On the way there, I was checking out the birds, and we saw two golden eagles, one immature, one rough legged hawk, one swainson hawk, and several black billed magpies, which are super cool looking. We also saw several hundred pronghorns, which look like they came straight out of Africa.

Aside from all the others, I'm extremely interested in the 'pies. They are gorgeous as they fly, but perhaps the most interesting point about them is that they eat carrion from the roadside. It's humorous to me, at least, because you have this elegant looking bird with its head in up to its shoulders in a deer; which is exactly what we saw on the way home. I've added the pic just to add to my point:)

No comments:

Post a Comment