Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I hate weasels!!



Today I looked out, thinking I was seeing the blob, and it turned out to be a big bloob....specifically a goose...although the picture in this post contains the actual blob in all his glory...if a bit small.
Aside from mistaken identities, the wind today was incredible, and I had an actual fear of my tower capsizing; it actually was moving in the wind. We sat part of it, but then John decided that we'd all be much happier in the van, where we convened for the next two hours as the gale continued. We talked about what spies do (a profession that John appears to have genuine interest in, if the pd gig ever fades out) ..among other less exciting topics. Towards the end of our temporary stay in the van, I looked out the window and saw my first weasel; of which John was
extremely dismayed....weasels are interesting to look at, they look like anorexic ferrets with a bad dye job. They're chocolate brown on their face and back, and then yellowish cream on their stomachs. They kill relentlessly, taking pd babies up to 7 weeks of age, and full grown gs. They kill entire litters, but may only cache half for later, leaving the remaining dead. They are nasty, and so fast they are almost impossible to track when they're on a killing spree....in other words, something to be hated...and if you're a pd...feared...I watched it bound away, and sincerely hoped it would avoid my area in the future..
After our sobering stay in the van, we returned to our towers for the remaining hour of the day...where I watched
FBS fail on her journey to collect NM. She made it look ridiculously difficult, and watching her trip over herself cheered me up immensely. Maybe the weasel will have a problem with wind, and stay away from our windy hilltop...

No comments:

Post a Comment